Results 1 to 28 of 28
if you had an illness can you buy a gun?
  1. #1
    dcd Guest

    Default if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?



  2. #2
    Harry Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    dcd wrote:
    > I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >
    >
    >

    I don't know how strict your gun laws in Pennsylvania are but if you
    weren't hospitalized in a psychiatric ward and you just answer no to any
    kind of mental disorder you should be able to get one..As long as you
    don't have a criminal record either.

    F.I.D is easier to obtain than a L.T.C.





  3. #3
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?


    Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    certified him as OK to have a gun licence. A week later he shot
    someone whilst psychotic.
    I know of another person who threw his gun in a river a long while
    ago. It was to prevent self-harm.
    Meryl


  4. #4
    Harry Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    Meryl wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>

    >
    > Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    > certified him as OK to have a gun licence.


    Here in the Normal parts of the States if you showed up at the police
    station with a psychologist note for permission to have a gun license
    you would be laughed out of the station and the psychologist would
    probably lose his practice. LOL!


    > A week later he shot
    > someone whilst psychotic.
    >


    Margrove should be arrested.

    > I know of another person who threw his gun in a river a long while
    > ago. It was to prevent self-harm.
    > Meryl
    >
    >


    You did the right thing Meryl. :-D

  5. #5
    mcs Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?


    "Harry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:45d78923$[email protected]..
    > dcd wrote:
    >> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>
    >>

    > I don't know how strict your gun laws in Pennsylvania are but if you
    > weren't hospitalized in a psychiatric ward and you just answer no to any
    > kind of mental disorder you should be able to get one..As long as you
    > don't have a criminal record either.
    >
    > F.I.D is easier to obtain than a L.T.C.
    >
    >
    >
    >so they have records of psychiatric admissions or just psychiatric
    >committment




  6. #6
    Harry Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    mcs wrote:
    > "Harry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:45d78923$[email protected]..
    >
    >> dcd wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> I don't know how strict your gun laws in Pennsylvania are but if you
    >> weren't hospitalized in a psychiatric ward and you just answer no to any
    >> kind of mental disorder you should be able to get one..As long as you
    >> don't have a criminal record either.
    >>
    >> F.I.D is easier to obtain than a L.T.C.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> so they have records of psychiatric admissions or just psychiatric
    >> committment
    >>

    >
    >
    >

    I don't think they care if a person went on their own or pink slipped.
    Obtaining a L.T.C (License To Carry) you have to sign your life away,
    you're fingerprinted and FBI checked. FID (Firearm Identification)
    (allows riffles and having a handgun in the home) would be easier and
    less expensive. They still run a criminal check on you but you're left
    with some privacy.


  7. #7
    Fritz Wuehlier Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    Harry wrote:
    > mcs wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> so they have records of psychiatric admissions or just psychiatric
    >>> committment
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > I don't think they care if a person went on their own or pink slipped.
    > Obtaining a L.T.C (License To Carry) you have to sign your life away,
    > you're fingerprinted and FBI checked. FID (Firearm Identification)
    > (allows riffles and having a handgun in the home) would be easier and
    > less expensive. They still run a criminal check on you but you're left
    > with some privacy.
    >



    Hey Harry, you're really freaking the **** out of me. These ****ing
    people shouldn't be allowed to use a personal computer never mind
    getting a hold of a gun.

    Please use better judgment with these retards.



  8. #8
    John Sheppard Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?


    "dcd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...
    >I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >


    Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    nutso...I wouldnt give you one

    Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety and
    reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a patch.

    John



  9. #9
    mcs Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?


    "John Sheppard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    >
    > "dcd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...
    >>I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>

    >
    > Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    > nutso...I wouldnt give you one
    >
    > Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety
    > and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a
    > patch.
    >
    > John
    >there are 30 million plus gun owners and while the facts might suggest its
    >safer to not have one, how many of these people live in high crime area? I
    >personally think its good sense. I hope I can get a uzi




  10. #10
    Robert Neville Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    John Sheppard wrote:
    > "dcd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...
    >
    >> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    > nutso...I wouldnt give you one
    >

    Maybe he wants a gun to shoot deer and stray cats?

    > Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety and
    > reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a patch.
    >
    > John
    >
    >
    >

    Sounds to me you handicap/hide behind your anxiety disorder. What next,
    not drivers license?







  11. #11
    ~tanya Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 17, 4:37?pm, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?


    Mistah Bigggggg has lots fer sale. 1-800-DIAL-AH-THUG.

    NO MONEY DOWN !

    easy kredik terms.

    YO !

    ~t


  12. #12
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 18, 11:53 am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > Meryl wrote:
    > > On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > >> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?

    >
    > > Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    > > certified him as OK to have a gun licence.

    >
    > Here in the Normal parts of the States if you showed up at the police
    > station with a psychologist note for permission to have a gun license
    > you would be laughed out of the station and the psychologist would
    > probably lose his practice. LOL!


    I don't know if she (the psychologist) lost her registration. I do
    know the forensic psychiatrist who tried to help the guy after he was
    charged. He still treats him in prison.
    Meryl


  13. #13
    Harry Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    Meryl wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 11:53 am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    >> Meryl wrote:
    >>> On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>> Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    >>> certified him as OK to have a gun licence.

    >> Here in the Normal parts of the States if you showed up at the police
    >> station with a psychologist note for permission to have a gun license
    >> you would be laughed out of the station and the psychologist would
    >> probably lose his practice. LOL!

    >
    > I don't know if she (the psychologist) lost her registration. I do
    > know the forensic psychiatrist who tried to help the guy after he was
    > charged. He still treats him in prison.
    > Meryl
    >


    See nobody got hurt.


  14. #14
    John Sheppard Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?


    "mcs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ac_Bh.3566$_O1.1120@trndny04...
    >
    > "John Sheppard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >>
    >> "dcd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...
    >>>I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>>protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    >> nutso...I wouldnt give you one
    >>
    >> Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety
    >> and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a
    >> patch.
    >>
    >> John
    >>there are 30 million plus gun owners and while the facts might suggest its
    >>safer to not have one, how many of these people live in high crime area? I
    >>personally think its good sense. I hope I can get a uzi

    >
    >

    I disagree, but not gonna argue the point




  15. #15
    John Sheppard Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?


    "Robert Neville" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:45d881e2$[email protected]..
    > John Sheppard wrote:
    >> "dcd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...
    >>
    >>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    >> nutso...I wouldnt give you one
    >>

    > Maybe he wants a gun to shoot deer and stray cats?
    >


    I never heard of deer or stray cats hurting anyone....well dunno bout deer,
    i dont got those where i come from...

    >> Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety
    >> and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a
    >> patch.
    >>
    >> John
    >>
    >>

    > Sounds to me you handicap/hide behind your anxiety disorder. What next,
    > not drivers license?
    >


    Why would he want a gun? He said himself he wants it for protection. Why
    would you need protection unless you were scared of something?

    What i insinuated was that a gun isnt going to take the origin of fear
    away. Just placate his anxiety.

    Weather or not his fear of whatever he needs protection from is rational or
    not I dont know.



  16. #16
    ~tanya Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 19, 1:20?am, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

    > I disagree, but not gonna argue the point-


    JEEEEEEEEZUS KRIST'ON'AH KROSS !

    DON'T SAY "POINT" !!!!!!!

    duck.




  17. #17
    Harry Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    ~tanya wrote:
    > On Feb 19, 1:20?am, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I disagree, but not gonna argue the point-

    >
    > JEEEEEEEEZUS KRIST'ON'AH KROSS !
    >
    > DON'T SAY "POINT" !!!!!!!
    >
    > duck.
    >
    >
    >


    Deer?


  18. #18
    Anonymouse Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:19:37 +1000, "John Sheppard"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Robert Neville" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:45d881e2$[email protected]..
    >> John Sheppard wrote:
    >>> "dcd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...
    >>>
    >>>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    >>> nutso...I wouldnt give you one
    >>>

    >> Maybe he wants a gun to shoot deer and stray cats?
    >>

    >
    >I never heard of deer or stray cats hurting anyone....well dunno bout deer,
    >i dont got those where i come from...
    >
    >>> Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety
    >>> and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a
    >>> patch.
    >>>
    >>> John
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Sounds to me you handicap/hide behind your anxiety disorder. What next,
    >> not drivers license?
    >>

    >
    >Why would he want a gun? He said himself he wants it for protection. Why
    >would you need protection unless you were scared of something?



    Maybe he's afraid of deer.



  19. #19
    ~tanya Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 19, 1:35?am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > ~tanya wrote:
    > > On Feb 19, 1:20?am, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> I disagree, but not gonna argue the point-

    >
    > > JEEEEEEEEZUS KRIST'ON'AH KROSS !

    >
    > > DON'T SAY "POINT" !!!!!!!

    >
    > > duck.

    >
    > Deer?


    yes, Hunny Bunny?



  20. #20
    John Sheppard Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    hahaha ur a funny one...

    "~tanya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] oups.com...
    > On Feb 19, 1:20?am, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I disagree, but not gonna argue the point-

    >
    > JEEEEEEEEZUS KRIST'ON'AH KROSS !
    >
    > DON'T SAY "POINT" !!!!!!!
    >
    > duck.
    >
    >
    >




  21. #21
    ~tanya Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 19, 2:36?am, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    > hahaha ur a funny one...


    ....and yer hot.

    xoxoxoxo x infinity

    ~t


  22. #22
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 19, 3:59 pm, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > Meryl wrote:
    > > On Feb 18, 11:53 am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > >> Meryl wrote:
    > >>> On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >>>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > >>>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    > >>> Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    > >>> certified him as OK to have a gun licence.
    > >> Here in the Normal parts of the States if you showed up at the police
    > >> station with a psychologist note for permission to have a gun license
    > >> you would be laughed out of the station and the psychologist would
    > >> probably lose his practice. LOL!

    >
    > > I don't know if she (the psychologist) lost her registration. I do
    > > know the forensic psychiatrist who tried to help the guy after he was
    > > charged. He still treats him in prison.
    > > Meryl

    >
    > See nobody got hurt.- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    The patient, now in prison shot and killed someone. The defence argued
    that he was not responsible for his actions. He has schizophrenia and
    was psychotic at the time of the shooting (5 days after being
    certified OK).
    He is Kurdish and from Turkey. Most likely he will be deported after
    he completes his sentence.
    His mother works as a kitchenhand. Her son, daughter-in-law and two
    grandchildren were going to emigrate from Turkey. Sadly her son and
    grandchildren were killed in a bus accident in Turkey.
    The mother is watched over by a benevolent employer. I have met her
    twice when I dined at the Turkish restaurant with my friends, the
    forensic psychiatrist and his wife. The mother sat with us for a time.
    Meryl


  23. #23
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 19, 6:19 pm, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    > "Robert Neville" <omega-...@no-family-allowed.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:45d881e2$[email protected]..
    >
    > > John Sheppard wrote:
    > >> "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >>news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...

    >
    > >>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > >>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?

    >
    > >> Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    > >> nutso...I wouldnt give you one

    >
    > > Maybe he wants a gun to shoot deer and stray cats?

    >
    > I never heard of deer or stray cats hurting anyone....well dunno bout deer,
    > i dont got those where i come from...
    >
    > >> Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the anxiety
    > >> and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just a
    > >> patch.

    >
    > >> John

    >
    > > Sounds to me you handicap/hide behind your anxiety disorder. What next,
    > > not drivers license?

    >
    > Why would he want a gun? He said himself he wants it for protection. Why
    > would you need protection unless you were scared of something?
    >
    > What i insinuated was that a gun isnt going to take the origin of fear
    > away. Just placate his anxiety.
    >
    > Weather or not his fear of whatever he needs protection from is rational or
    > not I dont know.


    Hi John,

    It is not unusual for some people in North America to want a gun for
    protection. Some quote the right to bear arms.

    http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2.../firearms.html

    It is a cultural difference.

    Meryl


  24. #24
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 19, 6:35 pm, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > ~tanya wrote:
    > > On Feb 19, 1:20?am, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

    >
    > >> I disagree, but not gonna argue the point-

    >
    > > JEEEEEEEEZUS KRIST'ON'AH KROSS !

    >
    > > DON'T SAY "POINT" !!!!!!!

    >
    > > duck.

    >
    > Deer?


    Wrong country.

    Meryl


  25. #25
    Harry Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    Meryl wrote:
    > On Feb 19, 3:59 pm, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    >> Meryl wrote:
    >>> On Feb 18, 11:53 am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    >>>> Meryl wrote:
    >>>>> On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>>>>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    >>>>>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    >>>>> Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    >>>>> certified him as OK to have a gun licence.
    >>>> Here in the Normal parts of the States if you showed up at the police
    >>>> station with a psychologist note for permission to have a gun license
    >>>> you would be laughed out of the station and the psychologist would
    >>>> probably lose his practice. LOL!
    >>> I don't know if she (the psychologist) lost her registration. I do
    >>> know the forensic psychiatrist who tried to help the guy after he was
    >>> charged. He still treats him in prison.
    >>> Meryl

    >> See nobody got hurt.- Hide quoted text -
    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >


    > He is Kurdish and from Turkey.


    It figures.


    > Most likely he will be deported after
    > he completes his sentence.


    Good!


    > His mother works as a kitchenhand.



    Who cares?


    > Her son, daughter-in-law and two
    > grandchildren were going to emigrate from Turkey. Sadly her son and
    > grandchildren were killed in a bus accident in Turkey.



    Probably a woman driver.


    > The mother is watched over by a benevolent employer. I have met her
    > twice when I dined at the Turkish restaurant with my friends, the
    > forensic psychiatrist and his wife. The mother sat with us for a time.
    > Meryl
    >


    And?

  26. #26
    John Sheppard Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?


    "Meryl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] oups.com...
    > On Feb 19, 6:19 pm, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    >> "Robert Neville" <omega-...@no-family-allowed.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:45d881e2$[email protected]..
    >>
    >> > John Sheppard wrote:
    >> >> "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >>news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...

    >>
    >> >>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I
    >> >>> can't
    >> >>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?

    >>
    >> >> Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    >> >> nutso...I wouldnt give you one

    >>
    >> > Maybe he wants a gun to shoot deer and stray cats?

    >>
    >> I never heard of deer or stray cats hurting anyone....well dunno bout
    >> deer,
    >> i dont got those where i come from...
    >>
    >> >> Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the
    >> >> anxiety
    >> >> and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just
    >> >> a
    >> >> patch.

    >>
    >> >> John

    >>
    >> > Sounds to me you handicap/hide behind your anxiety disorder. What next,
    >> > not drivers license?

    >>
    >> Why would he want a gun? He said himself he wants it for protection. Why
    >> would you need protection unless you were scared of something?
    >>
    >> What i insinuated was that a gun isnt going to take the origin of fear
    >> away. Just placate his anxiety.
    >>
    >> Weather or not his fear of whatever he needs protection from is rational
    >> or
    >> not I dont know.

    >
    > Hi John,
    >
    > It is not unusual for some people in North America to want a gun for
    > protection. Some quote the right to bear arms.
    >
    > http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2.../firearms.html
    >
    > It is a cultural difference.
    >
    > Meryl
    >


    Yeah I dig....I guess the word protection shouts out to me fear, weather its
    cultural or not shouldnt make a difference. I guess its easy for me coming
    from a place where its culturally abhorent to own a gun.

    John



  27. #27
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 20, 3:26 pm, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    > "Meryl" <mery...@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected] oups.com...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Feb 19, 6:19 pm, "John Sheppard" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
    > >> "Robert Neville" <omega-...@no-family-allowed.com> wrote in message

    >
    > >>news:45d881e2$[email protected]..

    >
    > >> > John Sheppard wrote:
    > >> >> "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> >>news:qsLBh.1831$lG6.1170@trndny08...

    >
    > >> >>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I
    > >> >>> can't
    > >> >>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?

    >
    > >> >> Just the fact you want a gun to protect yourself makes me think you're
    > >> >> nutso...I wouldnt give you one

    >
    > >> > Maybe he wants a gun to shoot deer and stray cats?

    >
    > >> I never heard of deer or stray cats hurting anyone....well dunno bout
    > >> deer,
    > >> i dont got those where i come from...

    >
    > >> >> Sounds like your anxious, better to deal with the source of the
    > >> >> anxiety
    > >> >> and reckonize it for what it is than buy a gun. Buying a gun is just
    > >> >> a
    > >> >> patch.

    >
    > >> >> John

    >
    > >> > Sounds to me you handicap/hide behind your anxiety disorder. What next,
    > >> > not drivers license?

    >
    > >> Why would he want a gun? He said himself he wants it for protection. Why
    > >> would you need protection unless you were scared of something?

    >
    > >> What i insinuated was that a gun isnt going to take the origin of fear
    > >> away. Just placate his anxiety.

    >
    > >> Weather or not his fear of whatever he needs protection from is rational
    > >> or
    > >> not I dont know.

    >
    > > Hi John,

    >
    > > It is not unusual for some people in North America to want a gun for
    > > protection. Some quote the right to bear arms.

    >
    > >http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2.../firearms.html

    >
    > > It is a cultural difference.

    >
    > > Meryl

    >
    > Yeah I dig....I guess the word protection shouts out to me fear, weather its
    > cultural or not shouldnt make a difference. I guess its easy for me coming
    > from a place where its culturally abhorent to own a gun.
    >
    > John- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Yep,
    I loathe guns.
    Meryl


  28. #28
    Meryl Guest

    Default Re: if you had an illness can you buy a gun?

    On Feb 20, 10:13 am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > Meryl wrote:
    > > On Feb 19, 3:59 pm, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > >> Meryl wrote:
    > >>> On Feb 18, 11:53 am, Harry <H...@Home.com> wrote:
    > >>>> Meryl wrote:
    > >>>>> On Feb 18, 9:37 am, "dcd" <e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >>>>>> I was told cause at one time I had disability because of anxiety I can't
    > >>>>>> protect myself and buy a gun? Why is that not fair?
    > >>>>> Just an aside. I know of a guy in prison because his psychologist
    > >>>>> certified him as OK to have a gun licence.
    > >>>> Here in the Normal parts of the States if you showed up at the police
    > >>>> station with a psychologist note for permission to have a gun license
    > >>>> you would be laughed out of the station and the psychologist would
    > >>>> probably lose his practice. LOL!
    > >>> I don't know if she (the psychologist) lost her registration. I do
    > >>> know the forensic psychiatrist who tried to help the guy after he was
    > >>> charged. He still treats him in prison.
    > >>> Meryl
    > >> See nobody got hurt.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > > He is Kurdish and from Turkey.

    >
    > It figures.
    >
    > > Most likely he will be deported after
    > > he completes his sentence.

    >
    > Good!
    >
    > > His mother works as a kitchenhand.

    >
    > Who cares?
    >
    > > Her son, daughter-in-law and two
    > > grandchildren were going to emigrate from Turkey. Sadly her son and
    > > grandchildren were killed in a bus accident in Turkey.

    >
    > Probably a woman driver.
    >
    > > The mother is watched over by a benevolent employer. I have met her
    > > twice when I dined at the Turkish restaurant with my friends, the
    > > forensic psychiatrist and his wife. The mother sat with us for a time.
    > > Meryl

    >
    > And


    We cared.
    Meryl


Similar Threads

  1. Regulation Illness
    By Lightclock in forum alt.support.schizophrenia
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 12:46 AM
  2. Regulation Illness:
    By CosmicWatchmaker in forum alt.support.schizophrenia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 12:46 AM
  3. training after illness
    By ak-nelson in forum misc.fitness.weights
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 11:54 PM
  4. Curing Illness!
    By philba31 in forum alt.support.diet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28