Results 1 to 9 of 9
I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"
  1. #1
    Recluse of Shame Guest

    Default I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful to have
    to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    a slave and master relationship between the person addressed as such,
    and the person doing the addressing.

  2. #2
    eadg Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"


    "Recluse of Shame" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it
    > distasteful to have
    > to address anyone as "sir".


    You don't 'have' to, just call them mr. It's a matter of
    protocol here the UK, you'd freak out I suppose if you met
    Paul McCartney. Not me - I'd call him Paul. On a good day...

    --
    SR



  3. #3
    Marvin Barley Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    On Feb 23, 11:49*pm, Recluse of Shame <bearnoa...@netzero.com> wrote:
    > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful to have
    > to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    > a slave and master relationship between the person addressed as such,
    > and the person doing the addressing.


    Yes, master/slave relationships are not relationships of equals, of
    peers, of friends.


  4. #4
    Miki Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    On Feb 24, 1:52*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Feb 23, 11:49*pm, Recluse of Shame <bearnoa...@netzero.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful to have
    > > to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    > > a slave and master relationship between the person addressed as such,
    > > and the person doing the addressing.

    >
    > Yes, master/slave relationships are not relationships of equals, of
    > peers, of friends.


    Duh, no!!!!! What a profound piece of wisdom that trite truism is.

  5. #5
    Marvin Barley Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    On Feb 24, 8:05*am, Miki <phat.p...@mikikocic.com> wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 1:52*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 23, 11:49*pm, Recluse of Shame <bearnoa...@netzero.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful to have
    > > > to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    > > > a slave and master relationship between the person addressed as such,
    > > > and the person doing the addressing.

    >
    > > Yes, master/slave relationships are not relationships of equals, of
    > > peers, of friends.

    >
    > Duh, no!!!!! What a profound piece of wisdom that trite truism is.


    Unfortunately, some disagreed.
    Back to square one.

  6. #6
    Miki Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    On Feb 24, 9:29*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 8:05*am, Miki <phat.p...@mikikocic.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 24, 1:52*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > On Feb 23, 11:49*pm, Recluse of Shame <bearnoa...@netzero.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful to have
    > > > > to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    > > > > a slave and master relationship between the person addressed as such,
    > > > > and the person doing the addressing.

    >
    > > > Yes, master/slave relationships are not relationships of equals, of
    > > > peers, of friends.

    >
    > > Duh, no!!!!! What a profound piece of wisdom that trite truism is.

    >
    > Unfortunately, some disagreed.
    > Back to square one.


    I don't disagree, you illiterate godulating twit. I was actually
    expressing agreement.

  7. #7
    Marvin Barley Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    On Feb 24, 5:55*pm, Miki <phat.p...@mikikocic.com> wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 9:29*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Feb 24, 8:05*am, Miki <phat.p...@mikikocic.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > On Feb 24, 1:52*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > > On Feb 23, 11:49*pm, Recluse of Shame <bearnoa...@netzero.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > > > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful to have
    > > > > > to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    > > > > > a slave and master relationship between the person addressed as such,
    > > > > > and the person doing the addressing.

    >
    > > > > Yes, master/slave relationships are not relationships of equals, of
    > > > > peers, of friends.

    >
    > > > Duh, no!!!!! What a profound piece of wisdom that trite truism is.

    >
    > > Unfortunately, some disagreed.
    > > Back to square one.

    >
    > I don't disagree, you illiterate godulating twit. I was actually
    > expressing agreement.


    I didn't say *you* disagreed, have I? *Some* disagreed. Never mind.
    I'm used to insults to intelligence because I have a Bosnian name.

    Millions died to prove that "truism".

    You are bright so it is obvious to you I guess, but I can witness that
    it is not obvious to all people.

    This reminds me of the times when my Security wanted to kill me to
    protect me from murder.

  8. #8
    Marvin Barley Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    On Feb 24, 6:47*pm, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Feb 24, 5:55*pm, Miki <phat.p...@mikikocic.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Feb 24, 9:29*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > On Feb 24, 8:05*am, Miki <phat.p...@mikikocic.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > > On Feb 24, 1:52*am, Marvin Barley <mtodorov3...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > > > On Feb 23, 11:49*pm, Recluse of Shame <bearnoa...@netzero.com> wrote:

    >
    > > > > > > Perhaps I am a bit anti-authority, but I find it distasteful tohave
    > > > > > > to address anyone as "sir". In my opinion, such etiquette perpetuates
    > > > > > > a slave and master relationship between the person addressed assuch,
    > > > > > > and the person doing the addressing.

    >
    > > > > > Yes, master/slave relationships are not relationships of equals, of
    > > > > > peers, of friends.

    >
    > > > > Duh, no!!!!! What a profound piece of wisdom that trite truism is.

    >
    > > > Unfortunately, some disagreed.
    > > > Back to square one.

    >
    > > I don't disagree, you illiterate godulating twit. I was actually
    > > expressing agreement.

    >
    > I didn't say *you* disagreed, have I? *Some* disagreed. Never mind.
    > I'm used to insults to intelligence because I have a Bosnian name.
    >
    > Millions died to prove that "truism".
    >
    > You are bright so it is obvious to you I guess, but I can witness that
    > it is not obvious to all people.
    >
    > This reminds me of the times when my Security wanted to kill me to
    > protect me from murder.


    I meant to say, God forbid.

  9. #9
    Michael Alpert Guest

    Default Re: I do not like to have to address anyone as "sir"

    Sir is a demeaning, hard to pronounce word, which has no firm
    acoustic foundation, symbolically leaving you 'bending over", anyway.

    Of course, us Mainers don't, and wont, pronounce R's unless they begin a
    word. A neighbor of mine in Maine had his "celebrity" number plate "Mota
    Ca".

    Again, I say, I'd like to see a chart of the vowels corresponding to
    their geometrical forms. Forms make the sounds, and visa versa, sounds
    tend to formulate their forms.

    The pharynx actually takes the corresponding geometrical forms to
    produce their sounds. This knowledge seems to have been suppressed to
    maintain the secrecy of "magick" words. Now, who would do a stupid thing
    like that?


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 08:03 AM
  2. The Words "Positive", "Negative", and "Suicide", Are Not in the Bible
    By Miguel Alberto in forum alt.support.schizophrenia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28