25-year-old with nonstop knee pain
25-year-old with nonstop knee pain
Iím 25 years old and I have knee pain that simply wonít go away.
- Knee pain began a year-and-a-half ago (3/11).
- The pain is in both knees equally.
- Currently 6í2Ē, 225 lb. Iíve lost about 5 pounds since the pain began.
- First noticed after playing Dance Dance Revolution for the first time in years. While driving the next day, the pain made it difficult to push the pedals.
- More of a constant soreness than pain. Pain level is typically around 3-4, but is unceasing.
- Iím in a car 90 minutes/day and at a desk 8 hours/day, getting up to walk around as frequently as possible.
- Took three Cosamin DS a day for over a month with no improvement.
- Icing provides temporary numbness, but the discomfort persists.
- MRI on right knee shows significant degeneration of both menisci.
- Strong burning sensation in my ďleg pitĒ when stretching my hamstrings (attempting to touch my toes, for example).
- Stretching seems to provide no relief, regardless of how often itís done. I focus on the hamstrings and quads.
- I went through a month of physical therapy (focusing on stretching) with no improvement.
- My primary athletic activities currently include biking, softball, and lower body weight training twice a week, focusing on leg press.
- I was on an anti-inflammatory drug for a while that yielded no apparent results.
Again, nothing Iíve tried yet has provided any kind of short-term relief. Iím to the point where Iím ready to get a job closer to home, lose 30 pounds, work out five days a week, or whatever it takes to make this pain go away.
I understand your problem..
I had a excruciating knee pain last year when I was playing rugby and running, somehow I felt on the ground I just cannot walk properly for a week, finaly I were taken to a Chiropractor and his treatment proved boon for me. after a few months therapy I can play rugby again.
Injuries are the most common cause of knee problems. Sudden (acute) injuries may be caused by a direct blow to the knee or from abnormal twisting, bending the knee, or falling on the kne
Healthy Bone: Joint Remedies
1. Raise your knees when you're able to, specially when you are being seated or perhaps during intercourse. Place a new safety net underneath ones knees to present these people help as well as ease these people of your respective body weight. This method is able to present quick comfort or perhaps end ones knee soreness. Nevertheless, you can find that many instances, the usage of this specific therapy is fixed for the level of privacy of your home.
3. An effective diet regime is very important should you be serious within mastering the best way to recover knee soreness. Watching out on your diet provides internal remedy that's essential for joint as well as muscles. Do away with sodium as well as oily food from the day-to-day diet regime wherever possible; consist of plenty of fruit and veggies as well as consume enough drinking water involving at the very least half a dozen cups daily.
3. The proper herbal remedies like ginger as well as turmeric may control swelling of your respective muscles as well as bones, which usually is probably the primary reasons for ones soreness. Putting these kind of herbal remedies to your meals may help to reduce swelling after some time. The downside to the process is actually that it can take time and energy to see final results.
it is best to check with your physician or perhaps specialist.
Last edited by mariasemuel; 09-19-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Is arthiritis can attack in any age? I m not known to it. I thought it is an old age disease.
Are you eating too much red meat? Because if you are this might be the reason why you suffer from knee pain so much, red meat has uric acid ans that is not helpful for your health.
Drink alot of green tea.. find the benefits on it and you will love it
On their own, turmeric, ginger and bromelain work as effective anti-inflammatory agents. Each works to relieve pain, stiffness and swelling. In combination, they provide a powerhouse of natural medicine. The three substances are synergistic to one another, each boosting the other's effectiveness and complimenting each other's medicinal action. Research has shown that turmeric works as well as any anti-inflammatory drug to reduce pain in the joints. Ginger has been used for centuries to treat various ailments from nausea to joint pain. Bromelain is an enzyme derived from pineapples that possesses potent healing pproperties, relieving sufferers from inflamed muscle, tendon and soft tissue pain. Take these in combination on an empty stomach twice a day for pain relief. All three substances can thin the blood, so those taking blood thinning medicine should first check with their health practitioners.
Instead of climbing stairs use elevators or lifts.
What has your doctor suggested? I'd start by stopping the leg press and stick to very light biking (minimal hills etc) until I had a course of action. Losing weight if required is always good for sore knees, especially if you have meniscus issues (the shock absorbers in the knees).
Generic Diclofenac is a non – steroidal, anti – inflammatory medication. Order Diclofenac to get rid of arthritis pain
Try asking your doctor for you might have cracked a bone in there or something.
In the meantime, just rest a bit and gently massage it. If massaging it hurts, then try some ice.
If it REALLY REALLY hurts, then I think you should call your doctor immediately.
Chemical Peels Manhattan
Best Laser Hair Removal New York City
I don't know if this will help or not, but when my knees hurt (I've had surgery on both, each had terribly torn meniscuses), I usually take about 3 advil, and use either the icy-hot patches on my knees or there's a cream called "pain buster". It's strong smelling but it eases the pain quite a bit.
Someone else mentioned drinking tea - that *does* help too.
And applying ice to it helps as well, especially if there's swelling involved.
What i'd like to really suggest is seeing your doctor. I was sent to a specialist in sports medicine and injuries. I had the surgeries and went though all the therapies too.
Take it easy, and do not strain them any more than you have to. maybe also you could use knee braces. The pressure of them will help too. Good luck, my friend!
Make sure you wear good lace up shoes with soles that are not unevenly worn. Go to a Sports P.T. for best possible therapy.
Best Plastic Surgeon in New York City
Ectropion New York City
There is no age limit for Arthiritis.
Originally Posted by Gaqua77
but normally it will happen 35 to 45 age peoples.
Over weight is also one main reason for Arthiritis.
Your body is naturally in the healing process every day from little things we do, sometimes we notice the tweaks, sometimes not and sometimes they are major injuries. Lots of rest for your knee and rest as in sleep will speed up your recovery. The body does majority of it's healing while you are asleep, when you are awake you want to be sure not to re-aggravate it or tire it out. You can use cold compression packs whenever you do cause re-aggravation and swelling or just have a long day on your feet and you can use a blood flow stimulator to bring a greater quantity of oxygen and nutrient rich blood to your knee. Hope this helps!
Do not over stress your knees by putting less pressure in it through climbing and other walking activities.
Have you visited another arthritis/orthopedic specialist but more skilled and experienced? That specialist could help you pinpoint the do's and don'ts in your current malady.
I went through a month of physical therapy (focusing on stretching) with no improvement.
I think if you take proper care of them and just once be positive and serious to get rid of this pain, you would succeed soon .
The overweight issue is one of the most common reasons to trigger knee pain in people of all age groups. This is the reason one needs to keep a tab on one's weight and try to get rid of even a slight increase in weight. Secondly, make sure that you include lots of fruits, veggies, calcium and iron rich foods in your diet.
I experienced knee pain in my mid 20's but it was mainly from doing free running and all the jumping around. I got into research about anti inflammitory foods. Definately stay away from junk food like pizza and even whole wheat bread. Cut out gluten and dairy and eat less fried foods. Stay away from chinese takeout. Eat anti inflammatory foods like 0mega 3 fish. Sardines are great. More green veggies, nuts and seeds that have no refined oils. Get your sugar only from fruit and use stevia for sweetener. Also, you may have to give up something for a while for your knees to heal. I had to give up free running. A hard thing to do when you enjoy something, but as far as strength training, you are on the right track. I would work on deep squats with good form. increase the weight as you get better technique and form, push off of your heels to relive the pressure in your knees.
Also, you may have muscle imbalances in your body that are pulling on that area making your knees sore. No chiropractor will ever consider this because they just want your business. Look at your overall posture. Are your shoulders hunched? Are your hips pulled back making your but stick out? Overly contracted muscles will cause this problem. It is your job to find these trigger points in the body and do a deep tissue massage. Foam roller and a lacrosse ball are your friend for this.
Last edited by BKnatural; 03-26-2014 at 02:16 PM.
By sarah may in forum Arthritis
Last Post: 06-20-2014, 02:45 AM
By Jaykay77 in forum Arthritis
Last Post: 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM
By Pope Pie (Sy Lehrman) in forum alt.support.arthritis
Last Post: 11-21-2009, 01:32 PM
By ap in forum alt.support.arthritis
Last Post: 01-14-2007, 02:33 AM
By ap in forum alt.support.arthritis
Last Post: 01-14-2007, 02:31 AM